Monday 8 September 2014

The Warrior's Return

Hello all! Now I've finished my Saga, I am launching headfirst into the swing of painting my Warrors of Chaos again. I've got a bit of work to get 2.5k ready for Raze and Ruin in October, but I'm very confident I'll get it all done. The list I have written focuses less on tactics, and more on the minimum I need to paint between now and the tournament! Hopefully I can get all this done, and bring something a little more powerful to the event.

I'm actually on holiday for the next two weeks, and I've not really had very much time over the last two weeks to paint, so I've only been able to get 6 Warriors done since my last post! Still, it's enough to finish off my first block of 18 Chaos Warriors. I've really enjoyed getting back into painting my Chaos. They are my favourite army to paint by a wide margin. I've still got a lot of models to paint for them, and I'm itching to get stuck into some of the bigger, more centre-piece models I own. I intend to collect about 7-8k of Warriors of Chaos eventually, and have a Chaos Lord on Dragon as a centrepiece.

Anyway, onto the pictures! :)


The six warriors I managed to finish :)
I've painted this face about three times now - I've tried to make each one distinct.
The first of my blocks of 18 Warriors. I plan to get three more done eventually - 3 blocks of 18 Warriors, 1 block of 18 Chosen.
I'm happy at how well the more recent models fit with the older ones :)
This banner is still the best freehand I've ever done.
So, there we go! Apologies for the truncated blogpost, but as I said, I'm on holiday! I've prepared a tutorial for my snow bases for my next post, so keep an eye out for that :)

Also, tickets for Raze and Ruin are now on sale to any interested parties. I'll be taking my Warriors of Chaos down and it'd be great to see a wide variety of people and armies down there. You can get tickets for the event here.

I'm also running a Saga tournament on October 11th, and tickets can be bought here.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the snow base tutorial. Have to say, the horned chaos warriors are probably one of my favorite fantasy models. They just look so brutal.

    I like how you painted the banner to look like it was inked in blood. Goes really well with the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only agree! I think the whole Fantasy Chaos line is fantastic. I've not found a unit I've not enjoyed painting yet! :)

    Thanks, I've been doing a little bit of freehand on all my banners. It's good fun and really pushes me to do new things.

    ReplyDelete