Monday 21 April 2014

Cry Havoc...

...and let slip the dogs of war! Hello again, and welcome to my fifth blog post :) In these last two weeks I have finished 10 Warhounds and started adding the snow to the bases. I'm pleased with how the Warhounds have turned out, especially given that they really aren't the greatest of miniatures (certainly when compared to the beautiful Fenrysian Wolves). They do have a lot of detail on them, and some reasonable sculpts, but overall they just weren't as fun to paint as the horsemen (despite being much quicker!)

I have painted the Warhounds with the same palette of colours as the Marauder Horsemen. This is to help tie them in with the rest of the army as they do not have any armour plates to add the deep bronze colour to. I also think it's good to add variety to a unit like this to prevent both the outcome and the painting process from becoming boring.

The sculpts look much better from the side than from the front.
I usually field them in two units of five, but they look much better when they're all together! :)
These guys could definitely use a consultation with an orthodontist!
The eyes on these guys were tiny. In the end, I just painted them with a concentrated wash right in the eyeball.
I have to say, the speed at which I painted these models was a welcome relief from the horsemen!
I currently have a unit of Chaos Knights and a whole lot of snow on my workbench, and I have nearly finished the bases of everything I've already painted. I'm actually going to be on holiday for my next post, so I have saved the pictures of the snow bases until then. I'm really pleased with how they've turned out, and I am looking forward to showing them soon! :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in Scotland! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! They look really neat. Simple, but effective.
    By the way, there is a kind of chain letter going on in miniatures blogosphere that is devised to promote new blogs. I think you deserve more readers, so I've decided to give you the so-called Liebster award. You can find more information here: http://steifermini.blogspot.com/2014/05/and-now-for-something-completely.html
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete